st: Twoway graph question

From   Rohit Sonika <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: Twoway graph question
Date   Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:41:02 +0000

Hi Statalist,

I have a query concerning graph based on three variables. The variables I am using are as follows:

timetoev1: continuous variable counting a time to or from event 1.

timetoev2: continuous variable counting a time to or from event 2.

return: variable of stock return during the event time in question.

Here is my question: I am able to graph return with respect to each event independently as follows:

twoway bar return timetoev1
twoway bar return timetoev2

However, given that both the event variables are in event time, I would like to see an overall of returns around the two event variables in a single graph with event time in x-axis and returns around each event in y-axis (hence two bars for each event time). Is there a convenient way to accomplish this?

Thanks a lot for your help.