st: query on using levpet.

From   natasha agarwal <>
Subject   st: query on using levpet.
Date   Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:07:23 +0530

Dear All,

Many thanks for providing kind assistance.

I had a further query of this note.

I estimate the production function using "levpet" for each industry
and then I lump all the industries together and estimate one
production function for all. However, I get different results for the
predicted TFP when I look for each industry.

Can anyone please tell me why is this the case ?

Please note that levpet is a user written programme available as a
stata module Stata Journal article of the same can be accessed at The same
can be downloaded as ssc install levpet