st: ivreg2

From   David Parsley <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: ivreg2
Date   Sun, 24 Mar 2013 01:34:23 +0000

After issuing an Ivreg2 command	I try to access the post-estimation dialogs "Statistics>Postestimation>Prediction, Residuals, etc."  but I get the error: "Unable to invoke predict dialog (error 601)"

Specifically I am using Stata 11.2, & I have panel data with > 1000 panel ids, and up to 44 time series observations (unbalanced). My command looks like:
xi: ivreg2 y  x1 x2 x3 x4 i.year  (x5 x6 = z1 z2 z3 z4), first ffirst savefirst robust bw(12) endog(x5 x6)

Any thoughts on what may be preventing me from getting that dialog? Since I don't know the commands available therein, I can't replicate them on the command line. I was looking for some way to look at the residuals of the first stage - maybe some scatter plots of some sort. Thanks much.

David Parsley