Re: st: One help file for two program

From   daniel klein <>
Subject   Re: st: One help file for two program
Date   Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:53:11 +0100

you can point to another help file simply saving the one line

.h john

(note the dot is not followed by a space) in the file johni.sthlp. If
you then type

h johni

the help file for -john- (john.sthlp) will pop up.

How does one go about linking one help file to two programs (e.g., the
program, "ttest" and its immediate form, "ttesti")?

That is, when one types "help ttest" or "help ttesti" it will open the
same helpfile (associated with say ttest).

I have been looking into how it is done in help files but I can't find
the trick.