Re: st: which STATA version for Poi's QUAIDS command

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: which STATA version for Poi's QUAIDS command
Date   Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:36:56 +0000

As I understand it, -quaids- (SJ 12-3) does not itself always require
space for more than 2,048 variables, but evidently your problem does.

What does

. describe, short

The number of observations is immaterial here; you can't trade
observations for variables if you have Stata/IC and are fighting the
limit of 2048 variables.

But are _all_ your variables involved in your QUAIDS problem? That
sounds difficult to believe. Can you -drop- some of them?