Re: st: hurdle nb model marginal effects?

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <dvmaster@gmail.com>
To   Statalist <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: hurdle nb model marginal effects?
Date   Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:19:11 -0700

Brent,

I am not sure if I have a good answer for the first two questions
about the derivative of the product and its variance. Winkelman's
count data book punts on this question.

The quantity you want might be more easily obtained from zero-inflated
count data model (user-written zip or zinb) with predict and margins,
but I don't know if that model is appropriate for your data.

The third one is easier. If you use the factor variable operator (like
i.dummyvar) in your specifications, margins will use the finite
difference method to figure out the MEs. I am not sure how
ztnb/zip/zinb handle factor variable notation. Also, forgot that ztnb
has been superseded by tnbreg, which handles the factor variables
nicely (like probit and logit).

DVM