st: Re: Defining a matrix in ml program

From   "Joseph Coveney" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Defining a matrix in ml program
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:34:33 +0900

Cyrus Levy wrote:

In the ml program below, I want to define a matrix based on parameter
equations and use that matrix later in lnL. But "ml check" command
returns an error in the line where I define the matrix MT. I am
wondering if it is possible or not at all to create matrices in Stata
based on ml parameters in this context. If yes, what is wrong with my
code and how can I fix it?

[snip]

It looks as if you're trying to assign a dataset variable to a matrix cell.  I
believe that the variables created by -mleval- from a vector are
constant-valued, so you can choose the first row (first observation) of data
from the variable and plug that as a scalar into the matrix cell.  Try changing
the line of code that defines the matrix from

  matrix define `MT' = [`eta1', `eta2'\ `eta3', `eta4']

  matrix define `MT' = (`eta1'[1], `eta2'[1] \ `eta3'[1], `eta4'[1])

Joseph Coveney