st: Graphing multiple cdf's in the same graph (using either -distplot- or -cdfplot-)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Graphing multiple cdf's in the same graph (using either -distplot- or -cdfplot-)
Date   Mon, 4 Mar 2013 16:12:36 -0500

Hi all,

I'm trying to plot two cdf's on the same axis. -distplot- allows me to do
this (simple example: distplot line var1 var2, lc(red blue)  ) , but
there's a wrinkle in my data that makes this more complicated. The data is
arranged such that var1 and var2 are never both non-missing. That is, for
every observation where var1 exists, var2 is missing, and vice versa. I am
able to graph this using kernel density:
twoway (kdensity var1, lp(solid) lc(blue))
 || (kdensity var2, lp(solid) lc(red))

But I can't seem to find a similar implementation for -distplot- (or
-cdfplot- for that matter). If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Max

Max Livingston
Sr. Research Analyst
Microeconomic Studies
Research and Statistics Group
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
(212) 720-7894

This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.