st: Adding character to numeric value

From   Seok-Woo Kwon <>
Subject   st: Adding character to numeric value
Date   Mon, 4 Mar 2013 08:06:56 -0500

I have a variable with numeric values and want to add a character to them.

For example, let's say my variable looks like this:

I want to create Var2 that looks like this:

Var1     Var2
010       A010
020       A020
040       A040

Do you have any suggestions how to write do file commands?

Thanks in advance.

Seok-Woo Kwon