st: network Stata

From   "Rubil Ivica" <irubil@eizg.hr>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: network Stata
Date   Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:06:39 +0100

Dear all,

my institution is considering, for cost-cutting reasons, to buy 10
network Statas, for about 40 researchers, instead of single-user
versions. I have had no experience so far with network versions of
Stata. Is there anyone to tell me if there are many performance losses
in terms of computing power, any inconveniences or something like that,
with network versions? I just kind of don't like this network idea. Do I
have to worry?

Thanks,
Ivica