Re: st: graph with indicator variables

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: graph with indicator variables
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:20:48 +0000

Nahla's error with -stripplot- (SSC) was twofold.

stripplot S over(  T_1 T0 T1 )

won't work in the first instance because -over()- is an option, and as
Teodora indicates with her example you need a comma too.

Even with a comma, that wouldn't work because -over()- requires a
single variable name.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Tsankova, Teodora <> wrote:

> What your command would basically do is produce three separate graphs of
> S.
> What I did with stripplot is make a simple time trend of events so my
> command was:
> Stripplot date, over(village)
> This way I got time trends for events separate for every village (where
> I knew what the three events represented for example).
> Hope this helps but what you are trying to do might be different as
> well. Stripplot allows to graph a single variable so in my case I have
> no y.
> You might try with tsline as well for plotting time series data.

Nahla Betelmal