st: Esttab - indicate whether control variables are included

From   Laura Sunder-Plassmann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Esttab - indicate whether control variables are included
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:52:06 -0600

Hi

I want to use esttab (and estadd) to print regression output with rows
at the footer indicating whether I have used time and/or group fixed
effects. The example here
http://repec.org/bocode/e/estout/advanced.html#advanced006 does
exactly what I need, but I can't replicate it. This is the code:

.sysuse auto
.eststo: quietly regress price mpg freign
.estadd local hasrep "No"
.eststo: xi: quietly regress price mpg foreign i.rep78
.estadd local hasrep "Yes"
.esttab, drop(_Irep78*) scalars("hasrep rep dummies")

This should produce a regression table with a row entitled "rep
dummies" last below the observation count row, with the columns saying
"No" and "Yes" respectively. Except the columns come out blank when I
run this, only the row title is there. I checked that the local macros
are not empty.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

(There is another example on the website, just above the one I am
looking at, that prints a fixed effects indicator as a row in the main
table rather than at the bottom together with the number of
observations. I can replicate that example, but I want the indicators
to appear in the footer.)

Thank you
Laura