st: Adding markers for some points after a cdfplot

From   Shubhabrata Mukherjee <>
To   stata forum <>
Subject   st: Adding markers for some points after a cdfplot
Date   Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:11:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I have a data set with gene names (n~17,000) and corresponding log-transformed length:

        gene  logbp_length
 A3GALT2   4.156337261
AADACL3   4.100680828
AADACL4   4.352799892
    ABCA4   5.108267307
  ABCB10   4.624426365

I have drawn cumulative distribution plot using

cdfplot logbp_length

but additionally I want to put some points on the plot for some given genes.Actually, I have a list of 10 genes for which I want put a marker and the corresponding name. How do I do this in Stata?