Re: st: Mokken scale on mi data

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mokken scale on mi data
Date   Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:37:15 +0000

-msp- (SSC) is not an e-class program. Its help documents that it is
r-class, i.e. leaves things in its wake with names wrapped in "()".

-mi- evidently expects to work with a e-class program that emits a
vector of coefficient estimates and a variance-covariance matrix.
There may be more requirements, but -msp- fails at the first hurdle.
Even if -msp- could be written or recast in those terms, some
programming is needed. If that makes no sense in principle, the road
ahead is totally blocked. I don't know more than this, unfortunately.
Others should know (much) more.

Please do remember to explain where user-written programs you refer to
come from, a longstanding and prominent request in the FAQ. To answer
this question, I had to spend some time finding where -msp- is.

Nick