Re: st: Frequency Distribution

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Frequency Distribution
Date   Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:22:50 +0000

As Maarten [not Maarteen] showed you, using datasets as examples that
we can all access makes discussion easier.

With

sysuse auto
graph bar (count) foreign, over(rep78)

just counts non-missing values of -foreign- according to classes of
-rep78-, so it does not give the joint breakdown of -foreign- and
-rep78-, which seems analogous to what you want.

We're still guessing at what you want, but my latest guess is
-catplot- from SSC.

catplot foreign rep78
catplot foreign rep78, missing

Nick