st: How does STATA compute e(ll) ??

From   Hsien-Yuan Hsu <>
Subject   st: How does STATA compute e(ll) ??
Date   Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:47:27 +0800

Dear members,

I apply commend "regress Y X" to analyze my data set.
I notice that STATA provide  "e(ll) log likelihood under additional
assumption of i.i.d.  normal errors."

Does anyone know how STATA compute e(ll)? What does it mean? Any
information is appreciated.