st: How does STATA compute e(ll) ??

From   Hsien-Yuan Hsu <hsuhy0914@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: How does STATA compute e(ll) ??
Date   Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:47:27 +0800

Dear members,

I apply commend "regress Y X" to analyze my data set.
I notice that STATA provide  "e(ll) log likelihood under additional
assumption of i.i.d.  normal errors."

Does anyone know how STATA compute e(ll)? What does it mean? Any
information is appreciated.

Best,
Mark