Re: st: Placement of legend above "note" in -grc1leg-

From   Scott Merryman <scott.merryman@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Placement of legend above "note" in -grc1leg-
Date   Wed, 20 Feb 2013 07:04:58 -0600

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:38 AM, Tim Evans <Tim.Evans@wmciu.nhs.uk> wrote:
> I'm using Stata 11.2 and trying to combine three graphs using the user-written -grc1leg-, however I'm having a little trouble in the placement of the legend and the insertion of a note. I'm trying to place the legend below the graph and centred and place the note that I want to add to the right and below the legend. Currently my code seems to place the legend below the note and despite attempts to play with "ring" and "pos" options for both legend and note, I just don’t seem to be able to place them in the desired order. I've got an example below. Any help greatly appreciated.

Try:

grc1leg One Two Three, cols(3) ycommon  ring(3)  ///
                l1title("Life expectancy at birth (years)") ///
               b1title("Year", size(small) ring(0) )  ///
                 note("Source: National Vital Statistics, Vol 50, No. 6" ///
                  "(1918 dip caused by 1918 Influenza Pandemic)" ,
ring(5) pos(5) )

(-grc1leg located at:  net describe grc1leg,
from(http://www.stata.com/users/vwiggins) )

Scott