Re: st: Incomplete Beta Function

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Incomplete Beta Function
Date   Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:19:35 +0000

There is some confusion here, if only of terminology. The incomplete
beta function is not something whose parameters are estimated. Your
problem is presumably that you want to fit a model of some kind based
on the incomplete beta function, but without knowing what that model
is precisely, the only advice is to check whether a program exists and
if needed to write your own -ml- program.

Please note further that you are asked to use full real names on
Statalist: neither Catia nor nicostat qualifies. Also, for "Maarteen"
read "Maarten".