Re: st: Incomplete Beta Function

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Incomplete Beta Function
Date   Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:23:19 +0100

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM,  <> wrote:
> I would like to estimate incomplete Beta function such as this below
> trough maximum likelihood I can performance this in Stata?
> (y*/50) = I (a, b)
> where I(a, b) is the incomplete Beta function ratio with parameters a and b.

What is your question? Do you want to incomplete Beta function? Than
type in Stata: -findit incomplete beta function-. Do you want to
estimate the paramters a and b? Than you need to write down your
log-likelihood function and use -ml- to maximize that. In that case
you will want to have access to:

-- Maarten

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis