st: Calculating Percent Agreement

From   Lynne Morgan <lmorgan3@wisc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Calculating Percent Agreement
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:20:16 -0600

Hi all,
I have a data set based on a questionnaire similar to the one below. There are two entries for each object because each was rated twice. We would like to look at the percent agreement between the two questions but there were several raters so we just want to look at the differences for each question. In this case, I want to calculate that q1 has a % agreement of 66%, q2 agreement= 33% and q3 % agreement=100%.

Because it is not by rater, I can't use the stata kappa command or kap. What is the best way to calculate this in stata? Or, what is the best way to transpose the data in order to use kappa?

obs q1    q2    q3    dup
1    0        0     0         1
1     0       1     0         2
2     0       1     1         1