Re: st: GLLAMM versus XTMEPOISSON

Subject   Re: st: GLLAMM versus XTMEPOISSON
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:41:41 -0600

Jay,

You're probably right (about me mixing up things) -- the best advice
would be to look up GLLAMM manuals, of course. I know for sure that
GLLAMM uses Cholesky parameterization somewhere; and I am sure that
Sophia does the back-transformations properly when presenting the
results. So an easy check would be to

nlcom ( exp(_b[lns1_1_1:_cons]) ) ( exp( _b[lns1_1_2:_cons]) )

and see if they agree with the results printed out. If both do, then
that's the parameterization of the whole covariance matrix. If the
first one does, but the second one doesn't, then it is the
parameterization of Cholesky transform.

--
-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)  ::  http://stas.kolenikov.name
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI  ::  work email kolenikovs at