st: GLLAMM versus XTMEPOISSON

From   Ana Cecilia Montes Vinas <ac.montes393@uniandes.edu.co>
Subject   st: GLLAMM versus XTMEPOISSON
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:48:58 +0000

Dear statalisters

I'm estimating a Multilevel poisson regression using xtmepoisson and gllamm  commands. I have two types of characteristics, firm individual characteristics (x1) and sector characteristics (x2). However, when we use gllamm and Xtemepoisson we obtain contradictory results, in particular, x1 is negative with xtmepoisson, and positive  with gllamm.

eq ri: cons
eq rc: x1
matrix a = e(b)
gllamm y x1 x2, family(poisson) link(log) i(ciiu) nrf(2) eqs(ri  rc) from(a) eform adapt

xtmepoisson y x1 x2 || ciiu:x1, irr cov(unstructured)

Adicionally when i extract the e(b) matrix, i get 3 things called lns1_1_1, lns1_1_2, atr1_1_1_2, and i'm not sure if they are the variances and covariaces of the random effects.

Thank you

Ana C