st: non-normal residuals

From   Xixi Lin <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: non-normal residuals
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:22:20 -0500

Hi All,

I have a cross-sectional multiple regression, I wanna use OLS, and
tested for its assumptions. It turned out that the residuals are not
normal. And I tried to transform Y and X to other forms, however, it
does not help to solve the non-normality problem. I use the following
code to find the best fit for transformation.

ladder Y
gladder Y

Is there any other way that I can fix the non-normality problem? Thanks.

Xixi Lin