Re: st: sign of coefficients in a xtprobit

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sign of coefficients in a xtprobit
Date   Sat, 9 Feb 2013 10:29:06 -0500

Hi, Luke.

You did not give us the -xtprobit- command that you used.  If the
regression involves other predictors besides that dummy variable, it
may not be surprising that the coefficient of the dummy variable does
not have the sign that you expect.  That coefficient should be
interpreted as the effect of the dummy variable after adjusting for
simultaneous linear change in the other predictors in your model.

David Hoaglin