st: svmat?

From   Patricia Biedermann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: svmat?
Date   Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:36:54 +0100

Dear STATA users,

I want to store data from a matrix into new variables.
I have tried svmat but it's not what I'm looking for! Or maybe I've
used it not correctly.

e.g. I tabulate variable " location" with the options "rural" "urban"
"semiurban" and their frequencies

location    frequ
rural          23
urban        45
semiurban   55

then I want to generate new variables that look like that in the
databrowser or a table I can copy/paste into another file.

rural            urban              semiurban
23                 45                 55

In the end I need to merge the data from several countries and have
all the data clear together on one table.

e.g.

                        rural                 urban             semiurban

country1            23                      45                    55

Is this somehow possible?

Thanks for your help!