Re: st: Mplus 7 and Stata 12

From   Philip Ender <>
Subject   Re: st: Mplus 7 and Stata 12
Date   Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:38:55 -0800

"Airey, David C" <> wrote ...

I'm interested in any comments about when Stata users use Mplus.

We, the UCLA Statistical Consulting Group, use Mplus when we have CFA
or SEM models with binary, ordinal or multinomial outcomes.  We also
use it to get the Satorra-Bentler scaled chi-square.  And also for
latent class models.  We use Stata for all of our Mplus data
management and send it to Mplus using -stata2mplus-.  Mplus 7 runs on
my Macbook Pro just fine.

Phil Ender
UCLA Statistical Consulting Group