re: Re: st: Error w/ "inteff" command

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   re: Re: st: Error w/ "inteff" command
Date   Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:55:48 +0000

Erasmo said

Thanks Kit. Maybe, I used the wrong example. In practice, I get this
error message always. In my real problem, I am estimating a probit and
on the RHS I have the interaction of two continuous variables. In the
past, I was able to estimate this exact model and then use "inteff" to
estimate the marginal effect on the interaction term. Now, I keep
geting this error message. I have the output saved from the past, but
I just can't replicate it anymore using inteff.

Why bother with -inteff- if you have Stata 12? It handles c-c interactions just fine:

webuse lbw2, clear
probit  low c.age##c.lwt
margins, dydx(_all)

I can run this model (with explicit interactions) in -inteff-, updated version from SJ,
but why? The standard probit command gives the estimate of the interaction effect and its
significance (or lack thereof).

                             An Introduction to Stata Programming  |