RE: st: Re: margins after xtlogit,fe

From   "Santos Silva, J.M.C." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: margins after xtlogit,fe
Date   Wed, 26 Dec 2012 15:43:45 GMT

Dear Andre,

I am not an expert on this, but I do not think it makes sense to compute marginal
effects after FE logit. The reason is that the marginal effects depend on the value
of the FE, which are not estimated. Therefore, no meaningful marginal effects can
be computed after logit FE. Having said that, I suggest that you have a look at the
following (rather obscure) paper to see a type of marginal effect that can be
estimated:

Kitazawa, Yoshitsugu (2012). "Hyperbolic Transformation and Average Elasticity in
the Framework of the Fixed Effects Logit Model" Theoretical Economics Letters,
Vol.2, No.2, 192-199.

All best wishes,

Joao