st: Extract Values from bootstrap operation

From   Rahber Thariani <>
Subject   st: Extract Values from bootstrap operation
Date   Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:36:05 -0800

Hi All,

I'm a noob at Stata and running into an issue extracting values from a bootstrap operation. I'm running Stata 12.

I have

drawnorm y1 y0, n(500) means(m) sds(sd) corr(corr)  cstorage(lower)

gen d = (uniform() >0.5)
 gen y = d*y1 + (1-d)*y0
gen y0_hold=y if d==0
noi bootstrap y0_bs=r(mean): sum y0_hold
gen y1_hold=y if d==1
noi  bootstrap y1_bs=r(mean): sum y1_hold

I can see the results of the bootstrap on screen but don't know how to access them, and assign to a variable and then save to a file.

1) How do I assign the different values on screen to different variables, like the co-efficient, 95% interval etc?
2) How do I save the variables to a specific file.

Thanks for your time and help!