Re: st: Yeo-Johnson Power Transformation

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Yeo-Johnson Power Transformation
Date   Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:38:47 +0000

Naturally the Gaussian is defined on the real line. But measurement
errors apart, most distributions that can be positive, zero, or
negative appear to be positive mostly and zero or negative
occasionally and thus positively skewed overall, so I was thinking of
skewed distributions.

Nick