Re: st: Reorder variables in dataset, based on its values

From   daniel klein <klein.daniel.81@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Reorder variables in dataset, based on its values
Date   Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:53:11 +0100

Thanks, as always, to Kit Baum, a slightly revised version of
-vorter-, including a help file is now available from the SSC
archives. The program is declared for Stata 11.2 or higher, but as I
have mentioned, it will probably work with Stata 10.1 (I cannot test
this at the moment, as I do not have access to Stata 10).

Best
Daniel
--
Thank you, it worked perfectly well ..

The reason is purely data visualization.

This code you wrote is very useful, for example, if the variables are
months and if the observations are cpi items or payroll components, if
we wanted to see in which months there were the greatest variations on
specific items.