st: Using macval with r-objects

From   Niklas Kaunitz <niklaspe@hotmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Using macval with r-objects
Date   Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:30:51 +0100

Hi everybody,
I have a question about how to apply macval() on saved results in r(...) locals.

I have a program that returns r(string) that can contains characters like ` and $. How can I copy this to another macro without internal macro substitution? The obvious guess `macval(r(string))' does not work...

Niklas Kaunitz