st: reshape of data

From   Prakash Singh <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: reshape of data
Date   Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:02:39 +0530

Dear listers
I have state level data for two years in two separate files and would
like to reshape these files so that I can merge it with third file.

the structure of the first two file is

var state1 state2 state3....state30
x      x1      x2       x3         x30
y       y1      y2       y3         y30
z       z1      z2       z3         z30

the third data file is panel data structure.

I would like to reshape first two file so that I can merge it with third one.

Please suggest me how should I proceed.