Re: st: RE: ml and parmby versus statsby

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: ml and parmby versus statsby
Date   Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:05:39 +0000

We can be pleased that you no longer see a problem, but what happened
remains mysterious.

1. -parmby- permits other options but these are in turn (if I follow
Roger's code correctly) passed to -parmest-, which does not in fact
allow a -quietly- option. So why your earlier code ran at all is a
puzzle.

2. In general, the effect of a -quietly- option in Stata would be that
something is done "quietly", although that's a convention, not a rule.
If so, results should be exactly as they were before, not different.

I spell out here, as we are all asked to do, that -parmby- is a
user-written command. I looked at -parmby-  from SSC and -which- tells
me

*! Author: Roger Newson
*! Date: 02 September 2009

Nick

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM, S. Suetens <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is very helpful.
> I re-ran the parmby command, but without including the quietly option, and estimation results are the same now as those under statsby.

Roger B. Newson