Re: st: RE: ml and parmby versus statsby

From   "Roger B. Newson" <r.newson@imperial.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: ml and parmby versus statsby
Date   Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:10:16 +0000

I don't know how your -statsby- and -parmby- results are different, as you haven't told us. However, -statsby- creates a dataset with 1 observation per by-group, and different variables for the estimates and standard errors for different parameters. -parmby-, on the other hand, creates a dataset with 1 observation per parameter per by-group, with 1 variable for the estimate and 1 variable for the standard error, and other variables for the confidence limits and P-values.

I am a bit mystified about the -quietly- option for -parmby-. As the author of -parmby-, I never knew that -parmby- had a -quietly- option, although it can take the -quietly- prefix like other Stata commands.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil