st: data structure for case control

From   "Sacamano, Paul L." <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: data structure for case control
Date   Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:59:06 -0500

I am very new to Stata, very much a beginner.

I have a case-control study and am not sure how to setup the structure of the data file.

Using the variable age as an example, would I have:
1) a variable for CASE_AGE and CONTROL_AGE, or
2) have just one AGE variable, and include a CASE variable and a CONTROL variable?

Really appreciate any help you might have.