st: package -njc_stuff- updated on SSC

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: package -njc_stuff- updated on SSC
Date   Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:22:57 +0000

Thanks as usual to Kit Baum, the package -njc_stuff- has been updated
on SSC. This package consists only of two help files, namely

njc_stuff.sthlp
njc_best_stuff.sthlp

which are guides to packages (Stata sense) of mine in the public
domain. Originally these files were just my way of keeping track
privately of what was out there, but then they got sent to a few
friends as answering various questions, and finally I decided to go
all the way and make them public.

As you may know, if the name of a help file contains underscores, you
may type spaces instead in Stata, so that

. h njc stuff

or

. h njc best stuff

should work, unless your version of Stata is very old.

<http://hsphsun3.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/STATALIST/archives/statalist.1208/date/article-918.html>

explains that some users on old versions will need to change these
files to .hlp files, and why they are posted as .sthlp files.