Re: st: impute items and total sum scores of a scale

Subject   Re: st: impute items and total sum scores of a scale
Date   Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:22:02 -0500

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Paula Arce <paulaarce@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> I am using mi ice to impute missing data into my data set. I need to impute both single items and total scores of my scales.

What you're doing makes sense, but you might want to use the new MI
suite, which in Stata 12 has the full conditional specification that
you get from ice.

If I had to guess you have a collinearity problem and one of the
imputations is not converging. Try stripping the model down and see if
you can just impute the items first, or even a subset of them, or use
linear regression and see if you get a reasonable answer, then build
up to the model you want.

MI is never smooth.