st: impute items and total sum scores of a scale

From   Paula Arce <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: impute items and total sum scores of a scale
Date   Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:25:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

I am using mi ice to impute missing data into my data set. I need to impute both single items and total scores of my scales.

I will be using the data for SEM analyses which is why I need to impute the individual items but I am also imputing interaction terms to account for moderation effects - to create the interaction terms I am multiplying  total scores of the scales which I enter in the passive statement.

When I run the command, I receive the following error message:

Error #301 encountered while running -uvis-
I detected a problem with running uvis with command ologit on response AUDIT
and covariates

you may wish to try the -persist- option to persist beyond this error.
dumping current data to ./_ice_dump.dta
last estimates not found

I am not sure how to address this - can anyone help?