st: Stacked bar graph.. in white and black ...

From   Francesco <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stacked bar graph.. in white and black ...
Date   Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:16:47 +0100

Dear Statalist,

I know that Stata does not support fill patterns... however I have a
figure which is a stacked bar graph (5 different categories) and I
would like to make it photocopy friendly : it should be readable in
black and white...
What would you recommend ? I tried to use a grayscale (5 values
equidistributed between gs0 to gs16), but still... there are always
two categories that looks too similar...especially the lighest ones...
Is there another solution? Another colormap that would work better ?

Many thanks!