st: RE: reading value labels -- second and third largest values

From   "David Radwin" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: reading value labels -- second and third largest values
Date   Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:59:33 -0800 (PST)

For question 2, you want to use the extended macro function for the value
label, which is easier to show than to describe:

sysuse nlsw88
codebook race
levelsof race, local(levels)
foreach x of local levels {
	display as result "The value for race `x' is `: label (race)

The help topic can be found at

. help extended_fcn

David Radwin
Senior Research Associate