Re: st: Creating print-ready tables for one-sample t-tests

Subject   Re: st: Creating print-ready tables for one-sample t-tests
Date   Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:45:54 -0500

Tim Streibel <Tim.Streibel@gmx.de>:
Judging by
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/x/xml_tab.html
you can also post any kind of summary stats and p-values or t-stats
using that command, but we will need more detail on how you want the
output structured to help you sort that out.

ps. Just in case some wag points out that a one-sample t-test of
mean==0 or somesuch makes perfect sense, yes, I agree, in general, but
I am confident that is not what is wanted here.  Or if it is, that
such tests would be inappropriate. Yes, I have seen tables of summary
stats with t-tests versus zero for every variable, including for
nonzero sample proportions, and other variables where the true
population mean cannot be zero, but those are clearly in the Bad Idea
category.