Re: st: example about choice experiment datasheet

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: example about choice experiment datasheet
Date   Sun, 18 Nov 2012 08:13:39 -0500

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 4:11 AM, elisabetta capobianco
<> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new of statalist and stata!
> I'm working on choice experiment about food preferences in schools.
> I have 4 alternatives unlabelled, 4 attributes and 4 levels, 130 individuals.
> I have the data base in excel, but before insheet the file in stata
> i'm not sure that i have put the data in the right mode in the excel
> file.
> Have you got an example on a excel datasheet about choice modelling?
> Just an example to understand how to organize my datasheet.

It depends on what analysis you want to use. -clogit- and procedures
like it that are using alternative-specific predictors use the same
basic format, which is specified in the help file. You can see the
example dataset there. Essentially it is a "long" format like
person-period in a growth model with time-varying covariates.