Re: st: How can I change Stata's regular expression parser to use Perl's parser, so that I can use perl compatible regular expressions (i.e. the same regular expression syntax that I use with Perl)

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: How can I change Stata's regular expression parser to use Perl's parser, so that I can use perl compatible regular expressions (i.e. the same regular expression syntax that I use with Perl)
Date   Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:31:02 +0000

You can't do this. Stata's regex code is built-in. You could use Perl
in conjunction with Stata, or write your Stata programs based on
Perl's internal code, but you can't do as you ask.

Nick