Re: st: FW: how to do binary mediation with survey data

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: FW: how to do binary mediation with survey data
Date   Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:24:21 -0500

Craig, you are asked in the FAQ to provide a link to user-written
commands. -binary_mediation- is by Phil Ender and -findit- will provide
a link.

You can use -binary_mediation- with survey data if you -bootstrap- the
command, identifying strata and clusters (PSUs) in the -bootstrap-
option list.  The -help- for -binary_mediation- provides basic -bootstrap- code.
(If the survey data set provides bootstrap, brr, sdr, or jackknife
replicates, then you can -svyset- your data first and use the -svy-
prefix.) You can't analyze the weighted data with plain -bootstrap-, but
for causal modeling, ignoring the weights would be acceptable to many ,
especially if you include in the covariate list variables related to
weighting (household size comes to mind).