Re: st: FW: how to do binary mediation with survey data

Subject   Re: st: FW: how to do binary mediation with survey data
Date   Thu, 15 Nov 2012 09:51:28 -0500

On Nov 15, 2012, at 9:33 AM, Ariel Linden, DrPH wrote:

Craig

I suggest you consider -medeff- or -khb- for categorical outcome variables
(both are user-written programs [findit medeff, findit khb].

I am not sure if either program works with -svy-, however both approaches
allow for pweights (though I am not sure how that will impact the results).

In a paper that Kristian Karlson and I currently writing, we ran large scale
simulations to test the accuracy of several mediation modeling approaches.
Both of these programs (-medeff and -khb-) recover the true mediation
effects with the highest accuracy while binary_mediation provided rather
inaccurate results.

I hope this helps

Ariel