st: Probit & Tobit

From   Ozgur Ozdemir <>
To   Stata <>
Subject   st: Probit & Tobit
Date   Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:47:40 +0000

It may not be too relevant to this user forum but I have a general question. I am trying to analyze the dividend payments and using both probit (probability of paying the dividend) and tobit (size of dividend) models. however, I would like to justify the estimate results of the probit by the results of the tobit and it seems, it is not going to be easy. I can explain some of the variables becoming insignificant in tobit while significant in probit, do not know what might be the reason or where to look when a variable has negative significance in probit but a positive significance in tobit or the other way around. any help is appriciated, thanks

kind regards