Re: st: Marginal effects in xtprobit model

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Marginal effects in xtprobit model
Date   Fri, 9 Nov 2012 14:05:59 +0100

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Ozgur Ozdemir wrote:
> I am using the xtprobit model and then calculate the marginal effects. Howeer, both xtprobit and marginal effects are producing the same cofficients as below :

If you do not specify the -predict()- option -margins- looks at the
default prediction for that command and takes that. If you look at
-help xtprobit postestimation- you can see what the default is for
-xtprobit- and this should resolve that mystery.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin