st: _rmdcoll VS _rmcoll

From   Juha Sohlberg <>
Subject   st: _rmdcoll VS _rmcoll
Date   Thu, 8 Nov 2012 17:47:07 -0500

Dear Statalist,

After reading through the _rmcoll help, I’m not 100% sure if
_rmdcoll depvar `indepvars’

performs exactly the same way as
_rmcoll `indepvars’
_rmcoll depvar `r(varlist)’

Or do I have to use the second option if I first want to get a
non-collinear set of independent variables and then add the dependent
variable to this set and get a new set of non-collinear variables?

If you could confirm whether these two steps are always identical or
not that would be really helpful.

Thank you!
Juha Sohlberg