Re: st: AW: Question on xtreg and the FE option

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: Question on xtreg and the FE option
Date   Thu, 8 Nov 2012 22:15:36 +0000

Klaus Pforr replied to Andrew Nicholson:

> For your problem, a good solution is -- as clivelist recommended -- to use
> your xtreg, fe with time dummies.
> A simple example would be:
> webuse nlswork, clear
> xtset idcode
> xtreg ln_wage age ttl_exp i.year, fe
> this is a candidate of a simple answer to your presumably simple question.

An alternative is to use -areg, absorb()-. See:

for an ?IC example.

Clive Nicholas (

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson